The skincare benefits of using a topical jelly serum containing Astaxanthin include:
• Improved hydration: Astaxanthin is a powerful antioxidant that helps to protect the skin from environmental stressors, such as UV radiation and pollution. This can help to reduce skin dryness and improve overall hydration levels.
• Increased collagen production: Collagen is a protein that is essential for maintaining skin elasticity and firmness. Astaxanthin has been shown to stimulate the production of collagen, which can help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
• Reduced inflammation: Astaxanthin has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help to reduce redness and inflammation in the skin. This can be particularly beneficial for those with acne-prone or sensitive skin.
• Brightening effect: Astaxanthin is a powerful antioxidant that can help to protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals. This can help to prevent premature ageing and other skin problems.
This serum absorbs quickly into the skin and moisturises well, and leaves a silky after-feel. It also has a makeup primer effect without causing any shine on the face. With regular use, it firms up, brightens, calms and strengthens the skin barrier, leaving a silky feel.
This product is suitable for all skin types, concerns, and ages, including very sensitive and acne-prone skin.
Additionally, it is safe to use during pregnancy and while lactating.
Astaxanthin (Algae-derived) – Super antioxidant with potent free radical scavenging and age-defying properties. Increases moisture retention, promotes skin smoothness and reduces wrinkles. Blocks UV radiation and offers powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
Vitamin C – Skin-brightening antioxidant. Reduces fine lines and wrinkles, protects the skin from sun damage, increases skin elasticity, and promotes collagen synthesis.
Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract – Antioxidant herb from Asia. Soothes skin, promotes healing, hydrates, and reduces inflammation.
Madecassoside – A main antioxidant and anti-inflammatory active in Centella Asiatica (Cica). Promotes healing, reduces irritation, and stabilises inflamed conditions.
Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide) – Reduces pigmentation and lightens by inhibiting melanosome transfer from melanocytes to keratinocytes. Reduces redness and boosts DNA repair.
Hyaluronic Acid – Delivers intense hydration, refines pores, and smooths out fine lines.
Tremella Mushroom Extract – Snow fungus or bai mu er, a superfood mushroom with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Hydrates, soothes and promotes healing. Lightens age and sun spots, evens out skin tone, and brightens.
Silk Crystal – Natural silk protein in the form of silk fibroin. A gentle yet intensive moisturiser. Stabilises sensitive skin, blocks UV rays and promotes skin regeneration.
Ginseng – Firms and tones skin, boosts collagen, smooths lines, and wrinkles, and reduces undereye puffiness and dark circles.
Pro-Vitamin B5 (Panthenol) – Strengthens skin barrier, soothes and repairs dry or dehydrated skin.
Ceramides – Seals moisture and protects the skin from stress and pollution. Reduces ageing, inflammation, and redness. Keeps skin clear of acne.
Formulated without parabens, propylene glycol, petrolatum, sodium lauryl sulfate, synthetic fragrances, coloring agents, mineral oil or silicones.
For youthful-looking skin, use it twice daily. Apply a generous amount to the whole face, after cleansing and toning, including the area around the eyes and the neck.
Follow with moisturiser and add sunscreen during the day.
Q: Do I really need to use a serum before moisturiser?
A: We recommend that anyone over 30 incorporate a serum into their skincare routine to prevent lines and wrinkles. This makes a big difference to skin quality and helps to keep skin moisturised and youthful.
Q: Is this product safe to use around the eyes? Does it cause milia seeds/oil clots?
A: Asta Collagen Jelly Serum is safe to apply around the eyes for added hydration, firming and to reduce wrinkles. It is unlikely to cause milia seeds or oil clots as it has low oil content and low risks of irritation.
Q: Can you explain the difference between Nutrient Serum, Asta Collagen Jelly Serum and Lightening & Soothing Serum?
• Nutrient Serum is ideal for hydration, anti-ageing, and anti-wrinkle concerns, containing a high concentration of hydrating, nourishing, and anti-ageing skin actives in a lightweight, water-based liquid-gel formulation.
• Asta Collagen Jelly Serum is best for firming, brightening, and strengthening the skin barrier. It is a bright-orange jelly serum that absorbs quickly into the skin without leaving a shine or feeling sticky. It is recommended for all ages and skin types and is also safe for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Lightening & Soothing Serum is best for pigment and sensitivity concerns, helping to lighten pigmentation (e.g. melasma, pimple marks, brown discoluration) and is especially beneficial for those with sensitive-prone skin.
It is essential to note that the serums have overlapping benefits, and clients are advised on which one to use based on their main skin concern. For example, if you have pigmentation, you should choose Lightening & Soothing Serum, while Asta Collagen Jelly Serum is an excellent choice for those with sensitive skin. Nutrient Serum or Asta Collagen Jelly Serum is best for dry or dull skin, and if your are pregnant or breastfeeding, Asta Collagen Jelly is a safe option.
Lastly, if you have no specific skin concerns but are looking for an anti-ageing product, it is recommended to rotate the serums to benefit from the wide range of skin-restorative and youth-enhancing actives to maintain beautiful skin and a youthful-looking complexion.