The seven habits that make the most difference to naturally increasing collagen production:
1. Eat a nutritious diet (containing good sources of collagen and gelatin), and cut down on sugar and alcohol.
2. Ensure that you get enough vitamin C, zinc and copper in your diet or through supplementation.
3. Drink adequate water to stay hydrated and promote skin elasticity. Aim for at least 8 – 10 glasses of water per day.
4. Get quality deep sleep to support tissue repair and collagen synthesis. Aim for 7-9 hours of quality sleep each night.
5. Do resistance training exercises to build muscle and stimulate collagen production. Incorporate strength training exercises into your workout routine at least 2-3 times per week.
6. Protect your skin from the sun by wearing sunscreen or protective clothing to prevent UV damage that can accelerate collagen loss.
7. Manage stress by finding healthy coping mechanisms such as meditation, exercise, or therapy, as chronic stress can contribute to collagen degradation.
Lastly, be patient, as collagen synthesis takes time. It may take several weeks or even months of consistent healthy habits to see a noticeable improvement in your skin, hair, and joint health.
Extracted from the article “Do Collagen Supplements really make a difference?”